Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow Covered Berries ~



My newest bowl arrives just in time to celebrate winter as Central New York woke up to over a foot of snow yesterday morning.

Yes, I did say over a foot...

Here is a picture taken Sunday morning and the same area taken on Monday morning ~~












And here are a couple shots just to give you a reference for the depth:















But this one is my favorite.. one of the old apple trees:
























And so I dedicate my newest bowl to snow. I love how it clings to every tiny branch and blankets nature for the winter. The design on my bowl reminds me of a forgotton berry bush sprinkled with the white stuff deep in the woods. I hope you will enjoy it as well!



Available for purchase at valeriesgallery.etsy.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRRR...eautiful! The white pot is spectacular!!! and I think trees loaded with snow are breathtaking....my whole neighborhood looks like a Christmas card when it snows...and you sure got your fair share of it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great photos. The bowl is perfect for snow, and it looks lovely (but freezing!) at your snow-covered house. It doesn't snow where I live so I rarely see the snow in person.

Anonymous said...

I love your photos of the snow.. that apple tree is absolutely breathtaking!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

How wonderful! I wish we had beautiful snow like that.

Laura said...

A couple of your photos bring me memories. I remember being snowed into my tiny apartment in Virginia with snow all the way up to the door handle and opening the door to something like that.

I also grew up on an old apple orchard in WV, so I remember the look of apple trees with snow on them.