Friday, November 28, 2008

FAM Friday Feature ~~ TooAquarius




Amazing color and beauty are the words I would use to describe tooaquarius beads. Sometimes romantic, sometimes whimsical.. but everytime amazingly beautiful!




Here is a snippit from her bio that give some insite to where these great ideas originate from:

"I'm the odd mix of technical and crafty. I love my sparkly, shiny beads in nifty colours but I'm equally charmed by careful mixing, repeating patterns and precision. My inspiration comes from a variety of places - science fiction and fairy tales, flowers and the wind in the trees, news stories and nursery rhymes are just a few".




.(¯`'•.¸(¯`'•.¸ * My Technique *¸.•'´¯)¸.•'´¯)

Most of my work uses a technique called millefiori. This allows for pictures to be created in logs or canes of clay where the pictures can be pretty much whatever you dream up. Flowers are a favourite of mine, as are faces and insects. A complex cane can take hours to design and make. It is then reduced (sometimes teeny tiny) and thin slices are taken and placed on blank beads to make a collage style design.

Beads are then properly cured and finished as needed by sanding, buffing or varnishing. I have been working with clay for nearly ten years and I still feel like I'm in the honeymoon stage!





Come visit tooaquarius for all your bead needs.. you will be pleasantly surprized!

3 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

her work is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the feature Val!

Christie Cottage said...

I absolutely love the beads shown in the last picture! I'd love to have dishes like that!

I found you on etsy. That's where you can find me too!
christiecottage.etsy.com