Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hooker Spotlight ~ homemadezen



If you are looking for whimsical toys or patterns to make your own crocheted toys, you must check out homemadezen on etsy. Her work is impeccipable and oh so sweet!

Zen is a system engineer by day and an estian by night. She belongs to EtsyHookers, CAST and EtsyHomeFront teams, so you can see she is a busy gal. But being busy doesn't keep her from coming up with fabulous new ideas. Her newest ~ The cutest owl clutch ever!

Just like me, her mother taught her to crochet. I think it is so wonderful that we can keep these skills going from generation to generation, yet adding our own style and techniques with each new generation.

Keep up the great work, Zen. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

15 comments:

Sygnet Creations said...

heheheh zen's items are soo cute. I am partial to her little lamb =)

Morrgan said...

Ha, that owl clutch is so cute! I'm a big fan of whimxical cuteness. ;)

It's nice to hear about skills being passed on from one generation to the next. My first contact with knitting was one grandmother and with crochet the other, with my mother also helping me with both. Both knitting and crochet have many fond memories attached to them for me thanks to that. :)

Nora said...

Val, homemadezen has beautiful items in her shop. The Owl is so cute! Great idea to have a "hooker spotlight"
Nora

Mountainside Crochet said...

I've long admired homemadezen's adorable toys and animals. Such a clever crafter!

Rick said...

A nice find - thanks for sharing it!

nichole said...

Oh wow! So, so sweet.

Homemade Zen said...

Thanks Varlie for spotlighting me! Very lovely write-up :-)

Anonymous said...

I love her shop as well. I think that owl is adorable! A great shop to showcase!

Ravenswick said...

Gorgeous work! I am trying to learn to crochet again (learned as a child) so I really admire her work. The owl purse is my favorite.

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

Way cute stuff! Love the owl clutch and all the different colors it comes in.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

I love her stuff...my favorite is the little "starfish"...HEHEH
RObin
CreationsAnew

Anonymous said...

adorable!

i can't wait to start buying soft little toys for my baby girl for christmas!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

That sheep is adorable!

Anonymous said...

That little giraffe is just too cute!

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Hello Val :o)

I have never seen that shop before, it is so lovely!