Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Knit Scarf ~~ Cables with a Twist



Yes, I know... Cables ARE a twist!

I just finished making an incredibly light and fluffy scarf in which I made cables along each edge and I am so pleased with the result. These added cables create a scalloped edge and provide stability to the scarf itself. What a beautiful way to keep it from stretching or loosing shape. This technique is new to me and I am sure that I will be using it more often in the future.


Photographed with my grandmother's antique crocheted table cloth in the background, I think it is rather stunning!


This scarf is available for purchase in my etsy shop and would make a great gift for women and teens.

8 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

That is very light and fluffy looking..and buttery colored! It is very pretty and dainty!

Blue & White Wear said...

Gorgeous - looks likes lemon chiffon!!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, Valerie!

Allie said...

Oh, Valerie! It looks so soft! And such a lovely color!

Anonymous said...

That looks SO soft!

BubbleGirl said...

Beautiful scarf, Val!! I love the color too!

Andrea Baker said...

Oh WOW you found a dress form!!! Its beautiful. I want one like that too!

Your yellow scarf is like sunshine in the winter! Its beautiful!!!

Stacey said...

It looks lemony soft, so pretty!