Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Morning

Busy, busy, busy! That's the word for this summer. Not only is it flying by (I can't believe that it is the end of July already!) but if there isn't enough hours in the day, this summer is proof that we need a few extra.

Daryl and I are leaving this afternoon to pick up our daughter Erin and her boyfriend at JFK Airport. She is coming home for a visit from her 3 year stay in Japan. I can't wait to see Erin and finally meet Aleck. She has been in Japan with the JET Program as an English Teacher Assistant. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for some photos of my long lost traveling daughter!

I can't resist posting a pic of how the peppers are growing. This is the first year I've tried growing peppers and everyone has been telling me they are rather fussy, so I am very proud of this now dime sized pepper!


On to the old farmhouse saga - Last weekend we finally got the last of the clapboard up on our house. We have torn up the porch in preparation of putting a new one down next spring (we move a slowly on this place). The entire porch was filled with rocks, covered with cement and then had a wood floors on top of that. We tore it all up and will rebuild from scratch. We found some beautiful rocks that I will use for landscaping (more work!) and made quite a few trips to the dump. In a few weeks we will paint the clapboard to match the house - I can't wait for that!


I spent most of yesterday cleaning and getting the house ready for Erin's visit. I really need to have visitors often as that really inspires me to do some deep cleaning! Well, I'm off to bake a chocolate cake to celebrate her home-coming!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your house!! and the peppers look wonderful:) Have a great visit with your daughter!!

New England Quilter said...

Have a wonderful visit with your daughter! Your house is coming along very nicely!
Amy

Michelle Matthews said...

Hi, I was looking for people and knitting stores within your area and your Ravelry profile came across. My husband is from West Leyden, and his dad lives in Boonville since the early 80s. I'm a knitter myself and I love your page as well as your projects. Take care, Michelle Matthews

Grammie in VT said...

Val, Your house looks fantastic!!
We will have to come see some time.
It's been 3 yrs almost to the day.
Where are the weeds in your garden?