Monday, February 2, 2009

Knit Wool Handbag

I am so proud of my newest knit wool handbag that it deserves a blog entry of it's own.

This project took a week to complete, but it was worth every minute as the results are better than I had imagined. Using two strands of the softest winter white merino wool, this cabled handbag is stunning. I used a pale green cotton upholstery fabric with white floral design for the liner to give it stability and a very sweet oblong white button finishes it off rather nicely.






It measures 11 inches wide and 8 inches tall and 4 inches deep which give plenty of room for your wallet, checkbook, cell phone, makeup bag and all of your essentials.

Don't forget to visit me on etsy, shophandmade and artfire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. You must love it. I've made a few tote bags out of felted wool sweaters and kept them b/c I like them so much, but nothing compares to handknit. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love this bag. Wonderful. I crochet and recently be craving to start learning to knit and this is one of the reasons.....You can not get such great cable with crochet! Headed to check out your venues now.