Wednesday, November 11, 2009


Since I began felting a few years ago, I've been trying to make felted bangles. I've had some minor successess and even have a favorite pattern that I use quite often, but I wanted a specific look and feel that I just wasn't able to get... Until now~

I was looking for a wool bangle that was a bit bulky and held it's shape but at the same time was light as a feather. I tried crocheting over a plastic store bought bangle and the result was terrible. It make the opening way too narrow to fit over your hand and it was heavy and clumbsy.

Then I started cutting up soda bottles. I thought that was a great idea, until I started trying to cut those babies. After nearly loosing a few fingers and making a total mess of the bottles I put that idea on the back burner.

So, for awhile I settled on basic thin bangles, which are cute and nice... but I wanted BIG BULKY bangles. Something that was bold and fun and had stability to stand up to everyday use. After a few more trial and errors, I believe I've finally got it!

These bangles are 3/4 inch wide and are double thick for stability. They are bold, beautiful, fun and ohh so light to wear! A basic fun accessory to any outfit - perfect for at the office, a fun night out or just everyday. And best of all ~ they are machine washable!

I'm selling these in sets of 2 at $18. (because two are just more fun that one!) If your looking for a gift for that hard-to-buy-for-friend or co-worker, these are a perfect choice. Be on the look out for new color selections in the coming week and if you don't see the color you want, just contact me and I'll be happy to make a custom order for you.

No comments: