Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting ready for the Holidays

Thanksgiving is two days away.  How does the holiday season creep up on us so quickly?

But I'm ready for it.  The turkey is in the fridge. I went shopping and bought all the fixin's:  potatos, gravy, peas, rolls.... and I have some of my very own summer squash in the freezer from my garden.  Cranberry sauce, pickles...   Mom will bake the pies.  We are ready.  Bring it on!

But I realized this morning that I may not be as ready as I thought. Because until this morning, I haven't stopped to really think about what I am thankful for, and after all, isn't that what it is all about?

I am thankful that Daryl and I  have jobs in this crazy economy. 

I am thankful that my children are happy and are building their own lives and families.

I am thankful that my mother continues to have good health in her later years.

I am thankful we have a home that is comfortable and warm in the winter.

I am thankful that my husband and I are friends as well as lovers.

I am thankful that I am able to have a hobby that I can create fun and wonderful things.

I am thankful that we have friendly neighbors.


Hugs ~~

No comments: