Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fresh From the Wheel - Merino in Lovely Teals

My lastest spinning project is a beautiful teal combination in merino.  I purchased this roving from slimchicken on etsy and I have to say that slimchicken is becoming one of my favorite shops!  This roving spun smoothly and was a pleasure to work with.

I put these two colors together during the plying process.

 







And the result:  250 yards of beautiful handspun wool in teal blend:



I'm very pleased with the way this one turned out.  I see a neckwarmer here....

What's on your wheel? 

2 comments:

Kaylen said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE the color(s). I have light fawn (beige/tan) alpaca on my wheel...baby booties or bowl in its future :) Love your blog!

Melinda said...

Nothing on my wheel, (might be because I don't have a wheel! ;) but those colors are fabulous!