Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Cowls

Cowls are so cool.  Well, warm and toasty actually. They seem to be in fashion lately and I can understand why.  They are easy to wear and easy to bring with you to use when you need extra warmth.

My newest cowl combines a lattice ribbed stitch with drapes of leaves to surround the neck.  Knit with washable wool that is next to skin soft in a lovely colonial blue. 

I used double yarn and large 10.5 (US) needles to give it a chunky look.  I'm already working on a sister pattern that uses single strands for a softer, more delicate look. 




Be on the look out for the pattern to be released in the near future if your interested in knitting this one yourself!


This finished Lattice and Leaves Cowl is now available for sale in my etsy shop.


This year I have promised myself that everyone close to me will get a hand knit item for Christmas and that I will start early.  So far, I have one gift completed!  I'm very, very excited about that and plan to start the second one this week.  Has anyone else started knitting for Christmas?  If so, what are you working on? 

No comments: