Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Reversible Cable Scarf

It is almost the end of February and we woke up to yet more snow today.  I was kinda hoping that spring would be showing her face soon, but here we are covered in white.


Today I can't help but show off my newest scarf. I combined some of my own hand spun alpaca yarn that has a bold colorway that goes from yellow to orange to reds with a commercial solid orange alpaca, merino, silk blend. The alpaca gives it softness and the merino gives it memory while the silk provides just a tad bit of sheen.


The cables are on both sides, making this one totally reversible and there is absolutely no curling in on the sides. It drapes perfectly and if I do say so myself, is just about the best one I've ever made. Now - I could be a bit too attached as I've spun the yarn and knit the scarf. Almost like a mother being proud of her babies.







In any event, here it is ~ Orange Colorway Cable Handknit Scarf in Alpaca Merino Silk Blend



The front has 3 rows of cables while the back has 2 rows. I worked the cables on the back while purling, which is something I have never done before.  It isn't much different that working them on knit stitches.  The only difference is I held the cable needle in the back rather than front when purling. 

What are you working on this weekend?  I would love to hear from you!

No comments: