Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recent Reads - Stormy Weather

I throroughly enjoyed this book and found myself thinking about what will happen next during the day, awaiting the time I could read some more.

Stormy Weather by Paulette Jiles takes place in Texas during the Dust Bowl/Depression and it is not aa depressing story as you may think.  It is rather up beat for the times and although the family in the story experience some really tough times, they always seem to keep it together as best as they can.

I think I will carry this story with me for a long time as a reminder that no matter how many challenges life throws at me, I will never have experienced extreme hard times. 

I rate this one a 4.5!  Give it a try ♥

1 comment:

Cozy Noggin said...

oooo, this book sounds right up my alley, I'm going to check it out. Have you read That Old Ace in the Hole by Annie Proulx? Highly recommended, and seems to be in the same genre as Stormy Weather.