Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fiberific!

Wow. Let me just say that I am still dreaming about fiber after my weekend at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival.

This is the place to go if you love anything made with animal fibers. With three barns full of vendors and so much variety, there must be something here that grabs your interest. And with demonstrations going on all day, if you weren't interested before you came, you will be on your way out.

The techniques are just amazing! Spinning, hand dyeing, wet felting, weaving, rug hooking, knitting and needle felting are just a few techniques that grabbed me. Surrounded by every color under the sun and fabulous different textures, I was in heaven. And I must give kudos to the fun and very helpful staff that organized this event. I could just hug everyone of them!

I was able to chat quite awhile with some spinners and watch them as they worked. I think I could get hooked very easily and I am looking for some classes to take locally. It just looks like such a soothing process that I must try it. Not that I need yet ANOTHER thing to do!

I am already planning for next year - Sept 25 & 26 , 2010. Mark your calendar if you are anywhere near Greenwich NY. This is something you won't want to miss!

1 comment:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

hey valerie..if you are anywhere near Rhinebeck, NY, you need to check out the HUGE fiber festival/show they have at the fairgrounds every Oct. It will be on the weekend of Oct 17th. Have a good day ;-)
your friend,
Janet