Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter White ~

Normally I am a gal that loves color ~ intense, rich color.

But maybe the winter and snow has given me an appreciation for the lack of color recently. As I look at my shops, it seems that my recent works have been pale pastels and many are just plain white. Could it be that the snow is affecting me that much?

I just made two substaintial yarn purchases and thank goodness, there is color among them! In fact, I started knitting a beautiful deep red cranberry triple cabled scarf last night.

But meanwhile... I still like winter white. My newest winter white felted bowl reminds me of a few fall flowers that were caught in the first snowfall.



What does it remind you of?

3 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How pretty!

Anonymous said...

The colour reminds me of my favourite white hot chocolate :)

The little motif on it looks like the dandelions with their seeds blown off or like the little mushrooms...

It's neat how the texture of the felted wool looks like a rough stoneware in pictures.

Doris Sturm said...

I adore white and to me those little things look like teeny, tiny mushrooms...soooo cute :-)

Doris