Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finished Shawl

I finally had time to finish up the shawl I started in October and it came out so nice!

This is Anna Dalvi's pattern Tital Waves from her book "Shaping Shawls".   I was lucky enough to meet her in person at the Rhienbeck Fiber Festival this year and I can't wait to try another of her patterns. I did modify her design a bit by using smaller yarn with more pattern repeats and adding a crocheted scalloped edging around the bottom.   But what really makes this project special is that I used hand dyed yarn from The Periwinkle Sheep's Wink collection.  This yarn is hand dyed merino/nylon which has a bit of sparkle through out the yarn. 

It is hard to tell from the photos, but it is sparkly and oh so nice!






This shawl is available on etsy for a one of a kind treasure!

Happy Knitting ~  Val

1 comment:

Tall Cottage Thoughts said...

It really shows up on white. Nice display of fine knitting.