Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Vacation Knitting

Summer is here and keeping us especially busy!  Lawn care, gardening, going for ice cream and vacations can keep us on the go, leaving little time to knit.

But summer is one of my favorite times to knit and I try to find every opportunity to get my sticks out when ever I can.  Nothing beats sitting on the porch with a tall cool drink in the evening working on a project.

This past week, Daryl and I were on vacation and we drove up the coast of Maine, stopping at flea markets and beaches along the way.  The trip to Acadia National Park was amazing and I recommend making the trip if you can.  It is a good thing that D does all the driving because I knit up this pair of socks while in the car. One of my daughters will get these for Christmas (but I can't tell you which one right now... just incase they actually do read my blog!)



This shawl was done partly on the porch and partly in the car driving to Vermont to pick up our grandson. 
Go to my etsy shop to see more pictures of this handknit shawl.




And I was able to finish my spinning project -  1,658 yards of heavenly merino/silk blend. My friend, April and I are each going to make a shawl with this fabulous fiber that we are calling Fairy Dust.  I'm still looking for a pattern, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.  I was thinking of incorporating some type of bead work with this project as well.




So, don't let summer shove your knitting and spinning projects aside... it's not just for winter.  What's on your needles?  I would love to hear from you. I have another shawl with some surprising color work on mine and hope to have it ready by next week.

Enjoy your summer!

No comments: