Monday, September 27, 2010

Wow.... all I can say is Wow!


Fiber, fiber everywhere at the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival this past weekend. This was the second year and the vendors more than doubled and went from 3 barns to 5. Roving, yarns, fleece, spinners, weavers, knitters, felters.......... Wow!

I had a grand time and truth be told, I spent more money than I made but who can resist all the fiberific goods?

My booth was next to two wonderful spinners who kept great company with us all weekend. Ann and Diane gave us spinning tips as well as kept the day fun. Sara spun an entire ball of super cool yarn with a drop spindle from wool that Ann had died and carded. I'll make a something from the yarn in the next few weeks and I just think it is incredibly cool that I personally knew the people who made the product from beginning to end!



I couldn't resist this fall colored  hand painted wool:


And I fell in love with this fiber painting and matching pillow:




Here are some photos from my booth area:


Sara's Angora Bunny Roving:


I met up with my BFF that I haven't seen in over 25 years~! 


And men knit too!!! 


It was just a fantastic, wonderful, fiberific weekend!

No comments: