Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Winter Hats

Good Moring ~ 

Sometimes we need to break out of our routine and try something new.  I have spent the last couple years knitting neckwarmers, cowls and scarves (which I just love), but recently I've tried my hand at hats (thanks to a little encouragement from my friend Kris).  As with anything else that is new, it takes awhile to figure out where to start, what patterns to try and what type of yarn to select.

I started with a few simple patterns worked in the round.  I searched the web for free knitting patterns and found several basic styles to get the gauges and mechanics down pat. After trying a few following the patterns, I broke out and designed some of my own.

Although I'm not a hat person, they seem to be very popular.  I've sold more hats than neckwarmers at my last two shows and people have asked for more.  So today, I am going to sit down and create a new hat using the trinity stitch.  I think I even dreamed of how the pattern will work out last night - or if I didn't, it certainly was the first thing I thought of this morning. 

So, it's off to to knitting a new hat today and hoping that it turns out as planned.

Here are a few photos of some hats that I've made so far -

Sold to a woman taking a trip to Alaska ~~










Sold to a motorcycle chick that needs to keep the wind out of her ears ~~










Currently for sale on etsy











Next weekend I will be at the Lowville Cream Cheese Festival in Lowville NY.  It's a great time for young and old with many activities and of course.... Cream Cheese!

Keep your needles clicking!

4 comments:

Midnight Creations said...

Good for you trying something new, I hope it continues to do well for you and are constantly inspired.

That green hat is awesome!

Kelly said...

I like that grey hat! Pretty!

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

Nice hats - good luck doing the shows!!

Unknown said...

Hello to all , very nice post , I have written something to my blog too and kept some ideas about Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Winter Hats, sincerely arctic-store.com.
Mens Winter Hats