But there are so many, many ways to put them together that the end results are endless. And the techniques in putting them together seam endless as well.
So, I've never done pockets before and I'm pretty sure that with this project I've learned how not to do them. These are picked up along the bottom, knit straight up, then sewn on the top. I think there is a way to do them from the inside, which I think would have been a lot neater. I will definitely try a different method with my next project that requires pockets.
And of course, I am trying to master fair isle or stranded knitting. This project was great for that as it just has some here and there. The trick is keeping track of every row so they line up properly. (another reason I am determined to try STEEKING in the future, but that is another story altogether)
The shawl collar was fun with over 400 stitches to pick up. This was not hard, just took along time. I would put a stitch marker every 20 stitches so I didn't have to recount each time I lost track.
Anyway, it came out acceptable, could have been better, but I'm sure Sara will love it. And I love the fact that I have 3 Christmas gifts done and it is only March!