Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Morning Knit Wit - Getting Organized

Yesterday I spent the day trying to get organized. The key word is trying, but I do feel I've made some progress.

Let me first say that we are in year 7 of a total home make over.  We are slowly putting the house back together after spending the first few years tearing it apart, but the living room is not one of the rooms that has been put back together yet.

And the living room is where I spend most of my time knitting.  I found myself putting yarn here and there in baskets and being unable to find the colors I needed.  I put my needles in a tupperware container and would find only one of the size I was looking for. 

So, yesterday, I put together a cubie, made a needle organizer and claimed a corner of the living room as my territory.  I'm sure it will look better once we get some spackle and paint on the walls!






I also set up a packing/mailing station in the garage.  I had one upstairs in the spare bedroom, but guess what?...  We are finally starting to work up there, so I had to move it.  Horray for starting another room!

No comments: