Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Triple Cable Neckwarmer

Today I'm going back to basic cables and am featuring a new knitting pattern available in my etsy shop.

I've been offering new stitches each week and I must say that cables are still my most favorite to work.  This Triple Cable Neckwarmer pattern is a fast and easy knit using larger needles and 3 strands of yarn for a bulky look.


For all my patterns in my etsy shop click here

On another note:  My knitting group has started a challenge for their members.  The criteria is that it just has to be a challenge for the individual and we each have a year to complete it. I have chosen a pattern from Kristin Nichols - Color by Kristin book and this will be an intense challenge for me. 

I wanted a project that would incorporate mixing colors and to learn new techniques, so I chose Southwest-Style Sleeved Wrap.  Not only is this colorful, but it requires the use of steeking, which frankly scares me to death.  But my knitting group friends assure me they will help me along and hold my hand while I do it.  Thank goodness we have a year to get this done!







Steeking:  Cutting an opening after you have knit.  Click here for a tutorial from knitty.com

This pattern is worked in the round with 341 stitches on each round and it takes me about 45 minutes for each round.  This will definately be a year long project.  I'll keep you posted on my progress in future posts.

Here is where I am at so far:


Wish me luck!

Until next week - happy knitting!

1 comment:

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

I REALLY wish I new what you were talking about! I need lessons!