Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home Renovation ~

Another room complete!  Well, almost complete.  But check out this before and after ~ 

Before - a barely useable kitchen
After - half entry room, half pantry (right next to the soon-to-be kitchen)

Before:


After:

I'm not only proud of Daryl's work (floor, walls, windows, trim and stairs)  but pretty proud of my 'design on a dime' furnishings as well.



The cupboard is an old, very old cabinet that was rescued and upgraded by a local woman.  It's perfect for canned goods, etc.  ($375). The rocking chair ($10),  the red chair ($1), the hall tree ($3) and the little table by the door ($2) were all garage sale finds.   The 2 plants were a gift from my Mom  - one planted in crock-bowl over a  hundred years old and one in an old basket (free).  The antique desk was purchased a couple years ago at  a friend's vintage shop ($100).   The straight back chair is one of 2 that I bought and refinished a few years ago and was my very first wicker project. Not bad for my first time.  I think the chairs were $2 each.  The little wood stand that one of the plants is on was a project that my Dad and I worked on together.  It still has 1980 carved in the bottom.


Daryl still is working on another cupboard - The bottom is a 3 draw dresser that was by the side of the road (free) and an old wall cupboard  bought at auction for $5.  That will be put in the empty spot. 

The curtains were made by Beckyathome on etsy.   And the knit throw was of course by yours truely (many years ago)

So, I just have another cupboard to get in there and then I can shop around for some wall art.  I'll probably scour the garage sales this summer and find the perfect addition to this room!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! Looks great.

Ricky Limbo said...

The pictures that you shared of home is really good. I must say that home comprises of good furnishing of wood work.