Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Morning Knit Wit ~ Diagonal Rib Stitch

When one of my daughter's friends told me she was going to have a baby, I felt like I was going to be a grandma again!  Jenn was my daughter Sara's friend since elementary school and they remained life-long friends to this day.  They both will turn 27 this March / April (their birthdays are a week apart!).  And Jenn's baby boy is due in 2 days.  I can't wait to see the little guy.

I used the diagonal rib pattern to make a blanket, bib and newborn hat and I really love the end result of this pattern.  But I will caution you to pay close attention to the rows.  Although they are simple K2, P2, there are some variations to each row.  I ended up ripping the blanket out 3 times  until I really got the hang of it.

The Diagonal Rib Stitch is repeating 8 rows and is made in multiples of 4. 

Row 1: *K2, P2; repeat from * to end
Row 2: same as 1
Row 3: K1, *P2, K2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, P2, K1
Row 4: P1, *K2, P2; repeat from * to last 3 stitches, K2, P1
Row 5: *P2, K2; repeat from * to end
Row 6: same as 5
Row 7: same as 4
Row 8: same as 3


I have the patterns available in my etsy shop as follows:

Knit Baby Blanket Pattern $3.50  This pattern uses diagonal rib in the center with  classic cables along the sides.  Perfect for the car or stroller.

Knit Baby  Hat Pattern $3.00 This pattern is worked in the round on double pointed needles and is sized perfectly for newborns  - soft and cuddly!

Knit Baby Bib Pattern $3.00 This pattern is a quick knit to use up your left over yarn and makes a lovely bib for baby to wear on special occasions.

Complete set - Knit Bably Blanket, Hat, Bib Patterns $6.50
 
 
If you have a baby coming along in your family, consider knitting up this set.
 
That is is for February!  Next week we will start March out with some very pretty lacy stitches, so be sure to check back next Sunday.
 
Until then ~ Stay warm and keep the knitting needles clicking!

No comments: