Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where did summer go?

Just last week we had sweltering temps here in central NY. Yesterday we woke up to 55 degrees. My youngest daughter started her second year at community collgege and after labor day, the school busses will be back on the roads. My garden is starting to slow down and will soon be ready to prepare for next year and the days are starting to get shorter and shorter. Where did summer go?

Cold weather is coming soon and I have a brand new scarflette that I am most excited about that is called Waves. The one below is the first one that is available and is made in a beautiful tan and is so soft knit with a wool and acrylic blend.


I wrote the pattern out while making it and my tester is already making sure there are no mistakes. Once she is finished, this pattern will also be available in my shops, so stay tuned for that! And in the meantime, if you want to get your knitting needles clicking, check out these two knitting patterns. They are both quick and easy knits but with stunning results that will really impress your friends!



I find such comfort knitting on cold rainy days, so off I go to my knitting chair with a cup of coffee. Hoping you all have a great day!

Etsy
Artfire

2 comments:

Soyun Park said...

Your scarflette is just beautiful and looks so cozy... Hope cool weather makes your knitting easy and enjoyable..

Doris Sturm said...

I tell you where it went, Valery, it moved South and all of it, I mean all the summers all over the continent are right here in Southern Georgia (ha, ha, ha) it's a summer blow out party of heat and humidity and it will continue till mid-October...(enough already! Uncle!!!!)