Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I will miss this wonderful tree!






I am taking a break for a few moments at the end of this Memorial Day Weekend. So many things have happened and they all seem to occur at the same time!


My grandson is here visiting (grandpa took him to the park for awhile) and he is just keeping me as busy as can be. My son had flown out to ND for a job interview which sounds very promising. I put in my vegetable garden and I am trying to clean out the woods out back to make a shade garden.

With all that is going on, the one thing that will be most monumental this year, is that we cut down one of my favorite trees. My SIL does this work for a living and while he was here this weekend, he convinced me that it was time to put this old grandpa tree to rest.


This tree was one of the reasons we bought this property, so it was a hard decision for me to make, although I do realize that time was getting near as many limbs were dead and the tree was splitting down the middle more each year. So, realizing that it was becoming a saftey hazzard, I reluctantly concented to letting him get out his chain saw and get to work.

I hope that this photo story will tell the rest of the story for you. (yes - that is my grandson up in there with his dad!)



Scoping out the damage with Dad







One last picture!









I will miss this tree!

3 comments:

New England Quilter said...

We took an old willow down last year at our farmhouse. I was sad to see it go too. I am glad that you got some pictures to share with us.

Angelinas said...

I had a favorite willow i climbed at my grandmas every sunday. They are my fave. Thanksfor the pics val...it brought back happy memories

Hugs ..Chris

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

What a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing with us!