Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back To Basics

Last week I was trying to figure out my next project.

I had just ordered a large box of wool and it was delivered on time and with no back orders. There is nothing more exciting to me than opening up that box when it comes.

But, as I sat there surrounded in beautiful shades of pinks, blues and greens, nothing jumped out at me. So, I set the yarn aside and waited. And waited. Two days later, I picked up my hook and jumped in. About half way through, I tore it all apart, put the wool aside and waited. And waited some more.

Then it dawned on me, that I was just trying too hard. I told myself to concentrate on color and shape. So, hook in hand I just chose yarn that I liked and worked it up focusing on shape, not necessarily design. The results:




I think we just need to return to basics sometimes to get the motivation going again. ♥

5 comments:

New England Quilter said...

Another beauty by Val! Wonderful shape to this one. Green is my hubby's favorite color and blue is mine :)

Anonymous said...

that helps me. i'm "drawing" a blank and nothing else so maybe I'm trying too hard too.

artmixter said...

What a cute little piece! Nice work.

Ana said...

Oh gosh, your work is so lovely!!!

MayRae said...

So true that is! Just stop thinking for a bit and it'll come :)