Saturday, March 29, 2008

Felted Jewerly





I had been thinking about making felted jewerly for a long time. The ideas were in my head, but I wasn't sure where to start. Of course, I made a few dozen lopsided uneven bracelets, each one a bit better than the last. I finally came up with a pattern in which they could be formed perfectly and is sized just right for a medium size wrist.
The first ones that came out perfectly are simple, soft in texture and in color. Although they are rather bland, they would be complimentary to a bright flowery outfit for spring.
Once those were perfected, I wanted to add a bit of bling, without going overboard. I tried knitting the bangle with a strand of metalic thread, which although adds sparkle, still remains a bit blah. I also tried adding some beads while knitting the bangle.











I think I am going to knit and felt the bracelets first and then sew on some small beads with my next attempt. Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks to see what I come up with ♥

4 comments:

New England Quilter said...

Your bracelets are beautiful Val :)

Merka said...

Gorgeous bracelets. Fabulous idea, Val.

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

Looks like your off to a great start. They look nice and comfortable to wear. Can't wait to see your newest ones with beads. I bet they will be gorgeous.

Nora said...

Val, How beautiful all your work is. I know nothing about felting, since I have seen your work on Etsy Hookers, I read up on how to do it and honestly, I would not have the patience. Kudos to you for your awesome creations.
Nora